Aunty Rozzy, Perry and Harriette get ready for school with these lunchbox tips.
Aunty Rozzy, Perry and Harriete all like to take a very healthy lunch with them to school.
YES, even Aunty Rozzy goes to school; she is a director of a music school, in Sydney as well as the Aunty Rozzy we know and love.
So what do Aunty Rozzy and Crew do to make sure they pack a healthy lunch each day?
- First of all they put on their favourite song which is most often the ”Broco”
- They make sure their lunchbox is nice and clean and ready to pack.
- The fill up their water bottles as water is really important as our bodies are just over 80% water.
- They find their favourite pieces of fruit and pack them in. two pieces make for 2 great snacks thought out the day.
- Next they make their sandwiches, Perry and Harriette like carrot sandwiches made from Nanna’s Carrots, Aunty Rozzy like a salad sandwich packed with lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot and of course
- The pack a treat because it is always great to have a treat.
- Last but not least Aunty Rozzy does a quick check to make sure lunch is healthy, and all packed in.
Aunty Rozzy has some great tips for parents when picking lunch box items and treats too:
- Get the kids involved in packing lunch. They are more likely to eat it if they have been involved in the selection.
- Try not to fall for prepacked lunches. Fruits and Vegetables are wrapped in nature and goodness for our kids
- Treats don’t have to be sugary – why not add some air popped popcorn as a treat.
- If you worried about the heat why not freeze a yoghurt or milk overnight it will be ready just in time for play.
- Get the kids in the kitchen with you and make your own Muesli bars and muffins are much more exciting to the kids when they make them.